Solar Gaines is growing! We are looking to add Electricians to our expanding team.
You will be responsible for installing and repairing complex electrical controls, and wiring, working from a technical blueprint. To perform in this role, you need experience in the field working on simple and complex electrical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
- Reading technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Performing general electrical maintenance.
- Inspect transformers, circuit breakers, and other electrical components.
- Troubleshooting electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Repairing and replacing equipment, electrical wiring, and fixtures.
- Following National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
- Performing circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Maintaining good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems as well as various testing equipment.
- Installation of code-compliant electrical work on solar projects
- Install wiring, conduit, enclosures, switchgear, lighting, main service replacements, sub-panels, and transformers.
- Experience working with commercial PV systems, 600V and 1000V DC systems, single and three-phase systems, and communications and lighting systems.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning solar systems and electrical components.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with the superintendent and project manager.
- Ensure NEC electrical code compliance as related to solar PV installations and inspections.
- Complete tasks safely, correctly, and on schedule.
- Ensure electrical PPE, tools, and equipment assigned are maintained in good working condition or replaced as required
- Willingness to assist with non-electrical and DC side work.
- Coach/Teach Apprentices and more junior electricians.
- Working knowledge of NEC and local electrical codes as they relate to solar PV installations and inspection compliance.
- Experience reading blueprints, plans, and manufacturer specs.
- Experience implementing quality control standards and assessing safety hazards to ensure job site safety and satisfy OSHA requirements.
- Can lift 50 lbs. and is comfortable working from elevated environments.
- Completion of electrical apprenticeship.
- Experience in the renewable energy field.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial construction experience
- Journeyman electrician
- OSHA 10 certification
- Must be able to read construction drawings/diagrams and develop a working plan for implementation of design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DC electrical.
- Basic math skills and reading comprehension.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions to understand simple processes
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Demonstrate competence necessary to perform the work.
- Solar Experience is highly preferred.
We offer stable employment with attractive compensation and benefits packages designed to reward hard work, dependability, and quality workmanship. Electricians who progress through our platform and perform at a high level are rewarded through increases in salary and responsibility