Foreman - Construction/Electrical/Solar
Solar Gaines is growing, and we are looking to add Foremen to our expanding team. The Electrical Foreman is a working foreman whose primary task will be leading and facilitating code-compliant electrical work on commercial solar projects. The Electrical Foreman supervises Solar Gaines electrical crew and/or Subcontractor electrical crews responsible for the installation of solar PV systems, monitoring the safety and quality of the Subcontractor’s work and ensuring the work progresses in accordance with the contract documents Candidates must have a clean driving record, reliable transportation, and be able to commute.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- During construction, lead and facilitate code-compliant electrical work on solar projects. This work will include installing wiring, conduit, enclosures, switchgear, lighting, main service replacements, sub-panels, and transformers.
- Monitors the electrical crew's daily work plans to ensure the highest level of workmanship in all elements of the job. Provides guidance and direction with respect to the project quality and safety requirements.
- Ensure the high-quality installation of electrical portions of the project, including underground cabling, mod-to-mod wiring, and DC collection system.
- Adhere to and enforce all project policies and procedures.
- Monitor progress to ensure work is planned and executed in accordance with the project priorities.
- Coordinate with other discipline subcontractors with regard to access and sequencing.
- Monitor material inventory control of system components and hardware.
- Ensures crew maintains neat work areas and efficient utilization of laydown areas.
- Monitor Safety, Quality, and Efficiency of electrical work on the project.
- Ensure the electrical crew has resources and support.
- Experience working with commercial PV systems, 600V and 1000V DC systems, single and three-phase systems, and communications and lighting systems.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning solar systems and electrical components.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels with the superintendent and project manager.
- Ensure NEC electrical code compliance as related to solar PV installations and inspections.
- Complete tasks safely, correctly, and on schedule.
- Ensure electrical PPE, tools, and equipment assigned are maintained in good working condition or replaced as required
- Willingness to assist with non-electrical and DC side work.
- Coach/teach Apprentices and more junior electricians.
- Working knowledge of NEC and local electrical codes as they relate to solar PV installations and inspection compliance.
- Experience reading blueprints, plans, and manufacturer specs.
- Effective management and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in using computers.
- Experience implementing quality control standards and assessing safety hazards to ensure job site safety and satisfy OSHA requirements.
- Can lift 50 lbs. and is comfortable working from elevated environments.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years of commercial construction supervision experience
- Journeyman electrician
- OSHA 10 certification
- Must be able to read construction drawings/diagrams and develop a working plan for implementation of the design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DC electrical.
- Basic math skills and reading comprehension.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions to understand simple processes
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Demonstrate competence necessary to perform the work.
- Solar Experience is highly preferred.
We offer stable employment with attractive compensation and benefits packages designed to reward hard work, dependability and quality workmanship. Electricians who progress through our platform and perform at a high level are rewarded through increases in salary and responsibility and we have a healthy backlog of projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27 - $32 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Electrical: 5 years (Required)
- Journeyman Electrician license (Preferred)