We are in search of a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing new commercial solar installations.
- Supervising both employees and/or contractors for large solar commercial construction projects.
- Experienced with commercial construction drawings, such as architectural and structural drawings.
- Ensuring construction projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Monitoring labor efficiencies/needs, code compliance, work quality, and proper safety practices.
- Preparing and maintaining project documentation.
- Assisting in setting project objectives and developing project schedules.
- Work closely with customers to gather specific needs, design the configuration of the product(s) and generate an estimate containing all customer requirements.
- Create takeoffs
- Verify that estimate contains the correct products and quantities.
- Potentially visit customer sites to verify measurements and perform preliminary site safety inspections.
- Recommend changes to the design and incorporate any changes requested by the customer.
- Review the estimate with the sales team to ensure that data is accurate and that all components of the design are captured and properly charged.
- Modify the estimate per customer or sales manager requests.
- Provide estimates on change orders for current projects.
- Respond to customer and sales team questions concerning the estimate and/or design details.
- Preferred – experience in solar
- Minimum experience: 3 years or more.
- Required Industry Experience: Solar / Electrical / Construction
- Prior project management experience.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical plans and specifications with in-depth knowledge of the NEC codes
- Demonstrated track record of successful project leadership with experience managing construction crews.
- Understanding OSHA standards and safety requirements
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to reconfigure measurements to change designs.
- Able to quickly create and modify take-offs or large projects.
- Proficient in Office Software like word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software.
- Solar experience is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Holidays
- PTO / Vacation
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Referral Programs
- Employee Purchase and Assistance Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
Solar Gaines is an equal-opportunity employer. EOE Protected Veterans/Disability. Solar Gaines is a leading commercial solar installer throughout the Maryland, DC, and Virginia areas. As the company continues to grow, there are a variety of career opportunities awaiting you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Health / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- Employee discount program
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
Our company adheres to the COVID-19 guidance as provided by the CDC.